Friday, October 30, 2015

2 Poems for the Season



         Last Days

by Mary Oliver

Things are  changing; 
things are starting to    

     spin, snap, fly off into     
     the blue sleeve of the long  
        afternoon. 

    Oh and ooh
    come whistling
    outof the perished mouth 
    of the grass, as things

turn soft, boil back  
into substance and hue.

 As everything,   
   forgetting its own enchantment,
   whispers:      

    I too love oblivion why not 
    it is full    
      of second chances. 

Now,
hiss the bright curls of the leaves. 
Now!   
 booms the muscle
of the wind.

      A Blessing
May my mind come alive today
To the invisible geography
That invites us to new frontiers
To break the dead shell of yesterdays
To risk being disturbed and changed.
May I have the courage today
To live the life that I would love,
To postpone my dream no longer
But do at last what I came here for
And waste my heart on fear no more.
                                   
 John O'Donohue

3 comments:

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

What beautiful poems!!

Roll Cage Mary said...


http://truxillodailyphoto.blogspot.com.au/2010/10/she-is-here.html

Roll Cage Mary said...

Remember the quip I made a few posts back about heading
for 'one-arched-eyebrow croneland' or something along those lines?

There is a transition zone, in Peru, between the eastern lowland
forests and the Andes' highlands called Ceja de la Montana
or "eyebrow of the mountain".

Are we there yet?